About Us

Honolulu, HI, United States
Hello everybody! We've created this blog because we'll be heading off to Europe. It's the Fischer's European Vacation.

Friday, August 3, 2007

Journal

Tuesday July 31, 2007


Sorry about the delay but things had been hectic... a little later about that but will resume were I've left off.

Took a tour today to Versailles. Our driver and tour guide is the quintessential French guy. He looks like one, gestures like one, and most definitely smells like one. Each time he says Versailles, you'll have to get out of the way or get spit on. If an Arab and an Italian were to get together, they would make a smell that bad. Sorry to all our Arab and Italian friends, but you know you smell. Manuele is his name, I will never forget him because my nose will never be the same again. "Small breath", I tell myself as I have the unfortunate luck of being seated next to him. Ok, JW is telling me get over the smell.


As for Versailles, it's like eating double fudge chocolate cake, while drinking Belgian chocolate milkshake in front of a starving child. Decadent is the word I would use for this place. Not only is it the size of several football fields but each rooms (and there are many) are filled with more gold encrusted, gems inlaid, hand painted furniture. According to our guide, all the rooms had been redecorated by each reigning queen at least 10 times. No wonder the peasants revolted.

No comments: